Wednesday 27 February 2013

Colourful gears Card: Happy Birthday Granddad-in-law

I found this fab MME paper in my local craft shop Sparkle Dreams a few weeks ago and I've been dying to it but other projects are taking up a lot of my time at the moment.
 
 
Mr S' Granddad's Birthday is on Saturday and as this was the first masculine paper I came across in my paper stash I thought it was a good excuse as any to use it :)
 
I was inspired by the gear-like background to use my Donna Salazar dies, and added two labels. I used both 'Grandad' and 'Great Grandpa' to represent both the kids and our relationship to him, and tied them on with my trademark twine.

 
Inside the main gear I stamped a 'happy birthday' message and accented with little red gems. I think I may try another version of this card aimed more at boys, given the gears I almost want to try a robot, or maybe something simpler.


No comments:

Post a Comment