Friday 6 July 2012

Here comes the Bride Biscuits!!

As I can't actually share any of the wedding prep with you for fear of spoiling the surprise for all our guests, I'm quite pleased to able to share these biscuits - A little favour I've made for my pre-wedding family dinner tonight.



Originally I quite fancied the idea of using biscuits as place names, but with 80 guests I didn't think I've have the time or the patience.


I used my basic 'cookie cutter' biscuit recipe:

250g plain flour
125g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Add the egg and vanilla little by little.
3. Sift in half the flour, mix, and then add the rest.
4. Knead the dough until smooth.
5. Wrap the bowl in clingfilm and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Pre heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/4 (170ºC fan).
7. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, to about a 5mm thickness.
8. Use your cutters to cut out shapes (intricate shapes may transport better if you lift the cookie with the cutter on your pallet knife).
9. Put your shapes on trays lined with baking parchment.
10. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Leave to cool on the trays.
12. Ice Once cooled.

I opted for a few different icing styles (the pink are my first attempts at drop-in icing), but for the majority I used my cutter to cut white regal icing to the exact shape, which I attached with royal icing, I then made flower impressions on top using my daisy cutters, and brushed some regal icing on the tips of the petals for detail.
.
They aren't perfect, but they were cathartic to make and look lovely now I've bagged and ribboned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment