Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wedding craft: Lace tea light holders

The problem with finishing all of your wedding crafts early, is you start looking for new ones...

Mr S sensibly suggested we finished all the wedding projects before my hen-do (which was last weekend), so my heirloom bouquet, stationary, and several other little surpizes for the guests have all been finished  ... but now I'm seriously twiddling my thumbs with 10 days to go.

After 2 years of planning the only thing I felt we were seriosuly lacking were table centers for the evening do, as our day reception centers are too big for the evening tables. Mr S wasn't convinced we needed any, but it's been playing on my mind a lot lately and was thinking maybe a simple tea light. A while ago I saw THIS cool jam-jar idea by annaboo's house, loved it and filed it away on pinterest for another day. Fast forward to today, searching bargin basement shops for candle holders, and instead I found packs of four glasses or 99p and decided to get creative.
This is such a simple craft I did it in one afternoon (including time to go and get the lace). It doesn't really need instructions, but here is my technique:

All you need is:
Glass jars, cups or vases
 A selection of lace
PVA glue
A paint brush
Tea lights


1. Simply lay out your lace on your glass to work out position and spacings, cut your lace to size (allow a little overlap).
2. Paint the outside of the glass where you want the lace to go.
3. Wrap the lace around, patting it down as you go.
4. Trim away lace if there is a large overlap.
5. Dap more PVA between and ontop of any overlaping lace.
6. Finish your pattern and leave to dry.
7. Put a tea light inside, light and enjoy.


 Above are mine, drying on the windowsil. I've not told Mr S about them yet, verdict when he gets home from work, but hopefully the fact that it only cost £7 for all 12 will win him over ;)
Obviously I can't post many of my finished wedding projects, without spoiling our guests reaction, and I've been dieing to share, but this quick project was soo simple and effective I just had to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment