Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bead-a-thon (wedding bracelets)

As with most of my wedding related craft adventures this one started with finding something I liked in a shop and thinking 'I could make it better/cheaper myself' (not always a theory that works mind you). In this particular case I was in monsoon, having just bought my daughter's beautiful flower girl dress, looking at little girl accessories.

As her wrist is only tiny, I decided to go with an 'elasticated bracelet' instead of an extender chain. She can also put these on herself (although as she's only going to be 2 by the wedding I won't be leaving her unattended with it).

After seeing some personalised 'communion' bracelets online I ended up buying some silver coloured alphabet beads and using the butterflies to make my daughter a personalised bracelet for her birthday. Then I got a bit carried away and ended up making bracelets as favours for all the little girls who are coming to the day reception (shh! It's a surprise, lol). Check out my free tutorial for how to make these.

Although butterflies aren't our theme I loved with the tiny butterfly beads, and so made this simple flowergirl bracelet for her to wear (right) I also made a 'flower' flowergirl bracelet as a back up (left).


Beads in hand, spurred on by the other bracelets success, I decided to try to make the Maid of Honour and bridesmaid bracelets too. This time alternating 6mm ivory glass beads with silver 4mm spacers and adding a hanging layered flower charm to give it a more luxury feel (these had a hollow on the underside so I customised with an ivory bead). I also made one with crystals instead of silver beads, as I like them so much I may be wearing one myself come the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment